Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Best Bloody Show Ever

So I've been hooked. By the longest running Sci-fi show of all time. Doctor Who. Its just brilliant! I saw the first few episodes on the English channel here. Then (god bless the internet!!) found the rest scattered around. I've made it to the third season in five days. In other terms that 34 episodes. Around 1 day and a half have been used watching. I don't regret it of course but my lack of sleep is setting in. But now I had to ruin it. I tried to fight the temptation but I couldn't any longer. I finally read what had happened in the most recent episode. I was pleased with the results until I realized that the plot was waaayyyy more complicated then it read. So I saw the clip. And now a part of me has died inside. I'm not sure if I can continue watching them anymore. And I can't even watch the old ones because everything will remind me of it!
But besides me being discontent and heartbroken at the latest episode, Doctor Who is one of the best shows I have ever seen! It has a great, extremely detailed plot from episode to episode with enough factors tying them together, but not to the point where you have to see all of them to understand anything. Not that I'm bashing shows like that. (Lost is great) Even though its Sci-Fi I can't compare it to Star Trek or Star Wars as much as I can compare it to Harry Potter, besides them being British, Doctor Who just has a remarkable new universe added onto ours that has so much depth and creativity that it is alike to Harry Potter. Not that there are wizards flying around, just the expertise at story telling. The show also has moral values throughout. Solomon in Hooverville splitting the bread to share between the thief and the owner is an amazing example.
I'm worried about the new season. I am only on the third but by the time it starts again I should be caught up. The regeneration scares me and the whole 10.5 makes me upset. Jane bugged me from the time I read her bio to the Runaway Bride. I'm guessing season four will be painful.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment